Types of Adoptions
Give your child the very best!
Whatever your goals are as you pursue adoption, we believe there is an option that can perfectly meet your needs. Our services extend to both sides of the spectrum. As a birth parent, you have the ability to choose how and where your child gets placed. As a family hoping to welcome a child into your home, you can decide just how that happens.
Adoption services are constantly changing, but at Adoption Arc, we believe there is always one invariable: successfully giving children a permanent, loving home. It has been our privilege to make this a reality for nearly 25 years and we are eager to do the same for you. No matter what you’re facing, our office is fully staffed with adoption counselors prepared to answer your questions and support you on your journey.
Call our Camden adoption agency at (800) 884-4004 today to learn more.
What types of adoption can I choose from?
Each day, there are children who need a loving home and in one year alone, nearly 400,000 children were living without permanent families. It is clear that there is a need and we hope to meet that need with the numerous types of adoption we offer.
The following options are just some of the many available:
- Domestic adoptions: Children who are U.S. citizens. All domestic adoptions must observe state and federal regulations.
- International adoptions: Children can be adopted into a home outside the U.S.
- Agency adoptions: An agency can be either public or private. The former are run by the government. The latter are continuously subjected to state screening before they become accredited and licensed.
- Private adoptions: Made possible with an intermediary who does not have to be licensed. Delaware does not allow for independent or private adoptions.
- Same-sex adoptions: A legally married same-sex couple can adopt just like any heterosexual couple. Unmarried same-sex couples may be able to jointly adopt depending on where they live.
Our goal is to help you find the best option for your family. We offer counseling and various support groups for both birth and adoptive parents which continue even after the child has been placed.
Work with our adoption agency in Camden today!
There is never one “right” way to achieve adoption and Adoption Arc can adapt to your needs as they arise. With confidential counseling services, licensed and trained staff members, and a deep dedication to the positive futures of children, you will be working with the best of the best.
Are you a birth parent
looking for options?
The adoption process is absolutely FREE!
Choose a family to match with your child.
Adoptions provides free alternatives to abortion.
We arrange prenatal care, housing, and more.